We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
In this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
What Information do we collect about you?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
• Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
• Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address); Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and /or newsletters (including your name and email address);
• Information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, and email address);
• Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and Meta data associated with the communication);
• We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
• We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Why we have to have all this information on you?
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
• Administer our website and business,
• Personalise our website for you,
• Enable your use of the services available on our website,
• Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you,
• Send you non-marketing commercial communications,
• Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested,
• Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter),
• Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information),
• Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website,
• Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
Disclosing Personal Information:
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
How long we will held your Data?
If Drainage Answers provides any paid services to you, we are required under UK Law to keep your basic personal Data such as: name, address and contact details for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be completely destroyed.
Notwithstanding the other provisions we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by law, if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
What about marketing?
We would like to send you promotions and services that may be of interested to you, if you have consented to receive marketing, you can always opt out at any time.
Under the new law, you have “the right to be forgotten”, meaning that you will be able to request that Drainage Answers delete your no longer necessary or accurate Personal Data.
If you don’t wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please contact us via our contact page.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you free of charge. If you wish to request a copy of all your personal information that we held, contact us via our contact page.
We want that all your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal Data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/.
What about Cookies?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies for example:
• In Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
• In Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
• In Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer for example:
• In Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
• In Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history", clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
• In Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
• Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
What about other websites?
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and Drainage Answers are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please, always read the other websites Privacy Policies beforehand.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.